You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Start new report here Reposition report here
Back to all reports

Overgrown trees / shrubs

Reported via mobile in the Trees category anonymously at 08:43, Thursday 21 September 2023

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council less than a minute later

Along the length of Bramley Close that borders the green space the trees and laurel shrubs are overhanging the road and kerbside. Narrowing the road and making access difficult for residents and deliveries. A tight prune back is required. Many thanks

Council ref: ENQ23975327

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 08:44, Thursday 21 September 2023

  • Thank you for your report. I will consult with the Highways Boundary service to determine if the hedge falls within the highway maintainable at public expense or if the hedge is maintainable by a third party.

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 11:32, Thursday 21 September 2023

  • To assist with the ownership investigations. Land was owned by Bramley Close Management Company Limited up until 3/10/2017, until the company number 03940395 was dissolved. The land then became ownership of the crown. Please see letter ref DEF6A/03940395, Companies House website. We hope this helps confirm that our local authority are responsible for the maintenance of the trees, shrubs and bushes. Many thanks.

    Posted anonymously at 19:10, Thursday 21 September 2023

  • Narrowing of road with overgrown trees/shrubs - photographed this week.

    Posted anonymously at 10:09, Thursday 28 September 2023

  • Thank you for your enquiry. I have visited the location and assessed the trees. The trees present are the responsibility of the adjacent landowner and not by the County Council. You need to contact the landowner to request any works. If you do not know the landowner, I advise that you access the Land Registry, to find details of the adjacent landowner to progress your enquiry with them. You are within your common law rights to cut any overhanging vegetation back to the boundary line of your property, providing the work is not detrimental to the tree.

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 14:29, Tuesday 3 October 2023

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.