You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Back to all reports

Request for double yellow lines at turning point

Reported via desktop in the Road Traffic Signs and Road Markings category anonymously at 19:11, Thu 22 September 2022

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council less than a minute later

Turning area at the end of a cul de sac frequently used to park cars making it difficult to gain access to adjacent driveways and awkward for delivery drivers and refuse lorries.

Council ref: ENQ22934216

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 19:11, Thu 22 September 2022

  • To introduce double yellow lines, we need to promote a Traffic Regulation Order.
    This is a process whereby an Order is drafted by our Legal Department, describing the proposed restriction. This will be advertised during a formal consultation process and comments invited. If no objections are received, the Order can be brought into operation with lining and signs on the ground. If there are objections, these will be reported at the appropriate Committee where a decision will be made taking into account levels of support and objections.

    The cost for this is in the region of £3200.00 to cover legal work, consultation and associated procedural / administrative functions. The cost of the lining and signing work is additional.

    The County Council has no resources for this work as a County scheme but is able to pursue if external funding is made available. We work this way with local Towns and Parishes who wish to promote such restrictions. The onus is on them to propose a scheme which suits their local needs and then we can act in an advisory capacity and carry out the required legal aspects. All this can take anywhere from 6 month to a year. You may wish to take this up with your local Parish or Town Council who may be aware of other similar requests.

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 08:51, Thursday 12 January 2023

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.