You can move around with your keyboard
Drop pin on the map to start a new report
Press space again to adjust the location
Back to all reports

Overhanging shrubs

Reported via desktop in the Grass and Hedges category anonymously at 14:23, Saturday 18 June 2022

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council less than a minute later

There are numerous overhanging shrubs and greenery in the cycle way behind Waitrose in Abingdon. Making it difficult for bikes and pedestrians to pass at the same time . I would l like to know who’s responsibility it is to keep them pruned please . Regards Shaun Hilsdon

Council ref: ENQ22927495

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 14:23, Saturday 18 June 2022

  • Thank you for your report. I have read this report and assessed the issue you have identified. Having checked our Highway Records maps I can confirm that this footpath is not part of the highway network that Oxfordshire County Council is responsible for maintaining at public expense. You should try the local Housing Association, Abingdon-on-Thames Town Council or Vale of White Horse District Council to pursue this matter. I am therefore closing this report.

    Abingdon-on-Thames Town Council details:
    Phone: 01235 522642
    Address: Abingdon-on-Thames Town Council
    Roysse Court
    Bridge Street
    Oxon, OX14 3HU
    The town council offices in Roysse Court are open to the public from 10 am – 2 pm, Monday – Friday.
    Their phone lines are open if you need to speak to someone at the council, however, you may find the information you need on their website or contact them via email first – this will also help them respond quickly to those most in need during what is a difficult time for so many.

    Vale of White Horse District Council details:
    Phone: 01235 422422 (Text phone users add 18001 before you dial)
    Email :

    You can find your local council on our website: council/ about-your-council/ government-oxfordshire/ district-councils

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 11:25, Wednesday 27 July 2022

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.