Back to all reports

Grass verge protection.

Reported via mobile in the Road Traffic Signs and Road Markings category anonymously at 10:47, Monday 5 July 2021

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council less than a minute later

Good morning

I am enquiring about getting grass verge protection by the way of wooden post with reflectors.

Could you please let me know the steps I need to take.

Council ref: ENQ21899735

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 10:47, Monday 5 July 2021

  • Thank you for your enquiry and I apologise for the delay in replying however the Officer for Cherwell area has left OCC and not yet been replaced.

    If you wish to have wooden posts to protect your verge first of all you need to get the permission of your local Town/Parish council. You will need to send them a drawing of what you would like and once they have given you written permission you need to forward that via email to myself who will be able to see you through the remainder of the process. Please update this report once you have the permission of the Town/Parking council and you are ready to move onto the next step.

    Further information on wooden posts are on our website. The whole cost of the materials and installation would be at your expense and OCC do not maintain the posts either. Any further maintenance costs would be down to you. The installation of the posts is to be undertaken by OCC and if you obtain permission for them I can then move on to obtaining a quotation of the cost for you.

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 12:33, Friday 27 August 2021

Provide an update

Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

or No personal details will be stored, and you will not receive updates about this report.

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?