Back to all reports

Children at play - slow down sign needed

Reported via mobile in the Road Traffic Signs and Road Markings category by Harriet Hodge at 15:38, Thursday 1 July 2021

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council less than a minute later

To whom it may concern,

I would like to request a road sign to be erected at the start of our road. We live in a cul de sac and there are at least 8 children that play regularly together out of the front of the houses (now the restrictions allow).

This social aspect of their day is such an important part of their development however with the increasing traffic from workmen, delivery drivers and the amount of people just using this as a turning around area it's becoming an increasingly dangerous part of their day. There are so many drivers just speeding up the road that are unaware of the children around.

I would like to request a sign be placed at the beginning of the start of our road that can make drivers aware they are coming into an area where there are children playing and for them to take notice of their speed and manovers on this road. The children are very cautious and keep their eyes and ears open for cars and it would be great if the drivers could do the same for them.

Our road is Wood Lane Close, Sonning Common, Reading RG4 9SP.

Kind regards,

Harriet Hodge.

Council ref: ENQ21899417

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 15:39, Thursday 1 July 2021

  • I've had no response as of yet so hopefully there will be some positive news soon.

    Posted by Harriet Hodge at 16:24, Thursday 29 July 2021
    Still open, via questionnaire

  • Still no response yet

    Posted by Harriet Hodge at 16:44, Thursday 26 August 2021
    Still open, via questionnaire

  • This report is not the responsibility of Oxfordshire County Council as we do not supply this sign. Please contact your District Council directly who maybe able to advise. Regards

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 15:55, Monday 13 September 2021

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.