Back to all reports

Flooding across Horsepond Road in front of Bramble Cottage

Reported via desktop in the Drainage category by Peter Hunt at 18:48, Friday 5 February 2021

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council 5 minutes later

Drainage has got worse over last few months leading to flooding across entire road and extending onto our garden and drive by 2-3ms' making it very difficult to enter or exit our property and leaving dirt everywhere. On 3 occasions it has reached our garage door which is c.25m's from the road. It's hazardous to drivers and makes it impossible for pedestrians to walk along the pavement without getting completely soaked by passing vehicles.

Council ref: ENQ21886626

Asset ID: 290093483

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 18:48, Friday 5 February 2021

  • Photo's taken today have been provided. This problem was reported 3 months ago and nothing has yet been done. The drains are completely blocked and both the road and the front of our drive become flooded sending spray right across our garden and driveway which is being completely spoilt. Could you please attend to this asap.

    Posted by Peter Hunt at 20:37, Wednesday 5 May 2021

  • Further photos taken today. The flooding requires urgent attention. Horsepond Road is very busy and the flood and overspray is completely ruining our garden not withstanding the fact that it’s a major safety risk. Please advise urgently when this will be fixed or advise how I can escalate this matter.

    Posted by Peter Hunt at 09:48, Saturday 8 May 2021

Provide an update

Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

or No personal details will be stored, and you will not receive updates about this report.

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?