Back to all reports


Reported via mobile anonymously at 12:57, Thu 26 November 2020

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council and Vale of White Horse District Council less than a minute later

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email. To help assist you with your matter regarding the parking and turning of vehicles in Farm Road. I have attached a web link for Oxfordshire County Council. They are responsible for all highways enquiries.


I really hope they are able to help assist with this for you, and help both your parents move forward with this.

Many Thanks,


Customer Services Team South Oxfordshire District Council Telephone 01235 422422 Text phone users add 18001 before you dial

-----Original Message----- From: Sarah <> Sent: 25 November 2020 18:45 To: enquiries <> Subject: Farm Rd Abingdon

Good evening,

I want to complain the treatment that has been given to my parents. For years they have been asking for something to be done with the situation of parking, turning round at the bottom of farm road.

For the last few years they have had an increase in school parking outside their property, to where they get abuse from parents parking over their drive and even in their drive way. Not only the school dropping off and picking up is concerning it’s the lorries and vans that are using their front garden a turn round point. They have put a fence up and installed metal posts but they have been hit and damaged so many times which is extremely loud( Tesco’s, Sainsbury’s and Amazon to name a few) have replaced and fix it. Both my mum and dad have had verbal abuse from drivers on numerous occasions.

My dad has a serious medical condition which he has to attend many medical appo

Council ref: ENQ20881358

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 12:57, Thu 26 November 2020

  • Thank you for your report. A way in which we can alleviate this problem is with private access protections, although please note this requires payment from yourselves. Information on this can be found here; residents/ roads-and-transport/ street-maintenance-z/ private-access-markings

    This will hopefully persuade people to avoid blocking your driveway, if you want to proceed with this please contact, then once the application and payment are processed we can come out and install the access protection for you.

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 12:30, Wednesday

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.