Back to all reports

Can you please extend the double yellow lines

Reported in the Road Traffic Signs and Road Markings category anonymously at 18:17, Saturday 23 May 2020

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council less than a minute later

Please can you extend the double yellow lines from the junction of Bankside with Hightown Road to the bus stop. At the moment there is no cars parked there so can easily be done. When the cars are parked near the junction it is a hazard to drivers and makes it difficult for buses to come down at the same time as cars coming in the other direction. This is a long term problem and ?I have had near misses. The problem is caused by car parking and extending the yellow lines will help prevent an accident. Thank you.

Council ref: ENQ20865673

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 18:18, Saturday 23 May 2020

  • Thank you for your enquiry. To extend yellow lines a new Traffic Regulation Order would need to be drawn up and advertised during a formal consultation process where comments would be invited from affected parties. If no objections are received, the TRO can be brought into operation with new road markings and appropriate signage. If there are objections, these would be reported at the appropriate Committee where a decision would be made, taking into account levels of support and opposition. If there is significant opposition it is likely that the proposal would be rejected at committee. The cost for this process regardless of the outcome is currently £3,190 to cover legal work, consultation and associated procedural/ administrative functions. On top of this would be the cost of the lining and signing work. OCC has no resources for this work as a county scheme but would be able to pursue if external funding is made available. Your county councillor may be able to assist in this regard. I would recommend raising this with your parish council as the onus would be on them to propose a scheme which suits local needs and ensure that there is general support. We can then act in an advisory capacity and carry out the required legal work. All this can take anywhere from six months to a year.

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 08:41, Wednesday 1 July 2020

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.