Back to all reports

Double yellow lines need extending

Reported in the Road Traffic Signs and Road Markings category anonymously at 14:42, Mon 18 November 2019

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council 4 minutes later

Photo of this report zoom


Photo of this report zoom


The new development has now been completed, and the parking on the corner (as pictured) is going to cause access issues with the new development. Especially, on car auction days when employees will be trying to leave the site. Please can you look at extending the double yellow lines? Many thanks

Council ref: ENQ19848007

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 14:45, Mon 18 November 2019

  • “To introduce or change double yellow lines we need to promote a Traffic Regulation Order. This is a process whereby an Order is drafted by our Legal Department, describing the proposed restriction. This will be advertised during a formal consultation process and comments invited. If no objections are received, the Order can be brought into operation with lining and signs on the ground. If there are objections, these will be reported at the appropriate Committee where a decision will be made taking into account levels of support and objections. The cost for this is in the region of £3120 to cover legal work, consultation and associated procedural / administrative functions. On top is the cost of lining and signing work. The County has no resources for this work as a County scheme but is able to pursue if external funding is made available. We work this way with local Towns and Parishes who wish to promote such restrictions. The onus is on them to propose a scheme which suits their local needs and then we can act in an advisory capacity and carry out the required legal aspects. All this can take anywhere from 6 month to a year. You may wish to take this up with your local Parish or Town Council who may be aware of other similar requests.

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 15:16, Wed 27 November 2019

  • .

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 15:17, Wed 27 November 2019

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.