Back to all reports

Double yellow lines need extending

Reported in the Road Traffic Signs and Road Markings category anonymously at 09:58, Friday 8 November 2019

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council 4 minutes later

There are double yellow lines at the beginning of Queen Emma's Dyke, however, please could they be extended, as this road is constantly used as free parking, blocking access for residents.

Council ref: ENQ19847058

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 10:03, Friday 8 November 2019

  • To introduce new double yellow lines we would need to promote a Traffic Regulation Order. This is a process whereby an Order is drafted by our Legal Department, describing the proposed restriction. This will be advertised during a formal consultation process and comments invited. If no objections are received, the Order can be brought into operation with lining and signs on the ground. If there are objections, these will be reported at the appropriate Committee where a decision will be made taking into account levels of support and objections. The cost for this is in excess of £3000.00 to cover legal work, consultation and associated procedural / administrative functions. On top is the cost of lining and signing work. The County has no resources for this work as a County scheme but is able to pursue if external funding is made available. We work this way with local Towns and Parishes who wish to promote such restrictions. The onus is on them to propose a scheme which suits their local needs and then we can act in an advisory capacity and carry out the required legal aspects. All this can take anywhere from 6 month to a year. You may wish to take this up with your local Parish or Town Council who may be aware of other similar requests. Alternatively, you may wish to apply for an Access Protection Marking if your driveway is being blocked be vehicles. If approved, you would need to pay OCC for this work before it was completed. Details are in the link below residents/ roads-and-transport/ street-maintenance-z/ private-access-markings

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted anonymously at 12:50, Tuesday 12 November 2019
    Moderated by Oxfordshire County Council at 12:51, Tuesday 12 November 2019

  • .

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 12:54, Tuesday 12 November 2019

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.