Back to all reports

Inappropriate Tree for residential area

Reported in the Trees category anonymously at 19:18, Sunday 27 October 2019

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council 2 minutes later

The tree outside our house as grown too big for the area obstructing telephone wires and leaving debris of cones and needles on the public path . The debris is covering our cars with sap damaging the soft top on one of our cars , the needles cover our drive, block our gutters and fill up vents and panels on our cars and neighbours cars and also neighbouring properties causing a slip hazard .It takes us several hours to clean up the mess and filling our bin up with the debris . We have noticed that the path has now got a crack going towards the drain from the roots of the tree and are concerned that eventually will damage our wall .we feel that This is not our tree and we should not be responsible for the clear up . Ideally we would like the tree removed but are quite happy to have a smaller more suitable tree for the area planted .

Council ref: ENQ19846106

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 19:20, Sunday 27 October 2019

  • We have visited site and assessed the trees in their location. OCC maintains land that is HMPE (highway maintainable at public expense) in its capacity as local highway authority. The trees referred to in the enquiry are on land that is not HMPE. You can access the land registry at: search-property-information-land-registry to find details of the adjacent landowner to pursue your enquiry. It may also be appropriate to contact the District, Town or Parish Council to further your enquiry. You are also within your common law rights as a landowner to cut any overhanging or encroaching vegetation back to the boundary line of your property.

    Many Thanks For your enquiry.

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 08:50, Wednesday 13 November 2019

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.