Reported in the Roads/highways category anonymously at 20:54, Mon 14 October 2019
Sent to Oxfordshire County Council 1 minute later
1) The pavements on both sides of Bicester Road are very narrow despite there being a very wide grass verge on either side.
2) The road leads to Edward Feild school. It is therefore very busy in the mornings and afternoons.
3) The cycle lane is blocked by cars so cyclists use the already narrow pavement
4) Parked cars make this already narrow road, even narrower, and it is used by buses and lorries. I have seen a child hit by the wing mirror of a van as it was so close to the kerb when passing pedestrians.
5) I raised this issue earlier today and the reply I received was that it was a parking problem. This is not the case. It is a poorly designed road that should be altered to encourage children and parents to walk, scoot or cycle to school.
Council ref: ENQ19845062
Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.
State changed to: Investigating
Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 20:55, Mon 14 October 2019
We believe this issue was addressed but due to a technical error it hasnât been updated on FixMyStreet. We now consider it fixed, but if the issue still exists please let us know by creating a new report on FixMyStreet: https://fixmystreet.oxfordshire.gov.uk/
State changed to: Investigation complete
Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 14:05, Tuesday 1 June 2021
This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.