Back to all reports

Brook cottage putting cones and signs in road continually to try and reserve two parking spaces in front of their house. I live behind brook cottage and it is very inconvenient as the road is a public highway. She has sent messages saying she is entitled to two spaces as her husband is in hospital and for friends to visit and shouted at my visitors for Parking on the road as she says it is in front of her house ( my house is behind). The neighbours on the other side of me are therefore inconvienienced as I like them to have a place so Brie can walk to her car as she has dementia.

Reported by Hana Harvey at 16:42, Friday 8 February 2019

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council and Vale of White Horse District Council 3 minutes later

The road is a public highway but Brook Cottage insist they have the right to park two cars in front of the house and put up signs and cones on a continual basis and for events that don’t occur. My house is behind hers and it is awkward. She has put notes through my letter box initially and made my visitors uncomfortable. Now she puts up cones and signs on a regular basis so that the entire public road in front of her house is reserved for her. I believe in being neighbourly but would like the rules clarified. Can she randomly put cones and signs in the road and prevent me from Parking ? Can one apply to have reserved parking. Could she apply for disabled parking if needed? The cones are especially awkward when coming home in the dark.

Council ref: ENQ19826016

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 16:45, Friday 8 February 2019

  • Thank you for your report. We have written to the residents and have advisdd them that they are not allowed to block the carriageway to reserve parking outside their property. Please open a new report if this issue continues. They have been given 28 days to cease doing it.

    State changed to: Investigation complete

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 13:08, Tuesday 12 March 2019

This report is now closed to updates. You can make a new report in the same location.