Back to all reports


Reported in the Drainage category anonymously at 09:40, Tuesday 22 January 2019

Sent to Oxfordshire County Council 5 minutes later

I live at 140 Edmunds road, Banbury, OX16 0PL. I have a drive that we use for parking our car. The drive way has access via a dropped kerb that leads directly onto it. Over to the left of the drive we have a drain that has a lid that rises above the ground.

On more than one occasion I have clipped the drain and burst my tyre in my car so I was looking to find out about how I could arrange to have the drain lid replaced with a lid that is flat to the ground. Also when we bought the property we was told that the drain is inactive and does not get used as part of the normal drainage system so could be filled in. in the near future I will be looking to block pave my driveway and would like to ask what my options are in relation to filling in the drain. At the very least I would like to have the lid replaced as it is causing issues with the parking on my driveway.

Council ref: ENQ19824165

RSS feed of updates to this problem Receive email when updates are left on this problem.


  • Thank you for your enquiry. This issue has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation.

    State changed to: Investigating

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 09:45, Tuesday 22 January 2019

  • Thank you for your report. Please get advice from Thames water regarding the inspection chamber.Thank you

    State changed to: No further action

    Posted by Oxfordshire County Council at 16:23, Thursday 24 January 2019

Provide an update

Your information will only be used in accordance with our privacy policy

Next: Tell us about you

Your update

Tell us about you

Do you have a FixMyStreet password?